The Postgraduate & Mature Student Association (PGMSA) is a voluntary student led group at the University of Birmingham; we are a Guild of Students recognised society.
Please click on the ‘News’ link above to find out about upcoming events and campaigns!
Why we are relevant to you
We represent and cater to all postgraduate and mature students at the University by:
- gathering student feedback on academic and welfare concerns;
- campaigning on issues important to our members;
- offering an active social program for all students to engage in.
Examples of past and current projects include:
- Postgraduate Welcome Weeks (2012-present): In autumn of every year a two week long program of dedicated events is put on for incoming postgraduate and mature students! (Events continue throughout the year)
- Successfully campaigned for study space increases in the new University of Birmingham library (2013)
- Exemption from paying council tax for PhD students entering the ‘writing-up/thesis awaited status’ (2012)
PGMSA membership is free! You just need to register by following the link below. Any problems contact the committee and we can talk you through it. http://www.guildofstudents.com/groupsandvolunteering/societies/pgmsa/
Everyone is welcome to all events and our committee meetings are also open to students from around campus.
Don’t miss out on our events:
Visit our facebook group or keep an eye on our Calendar!