The Postgraduate & Mature Student Association (PGMSA) is a voluntary student led group at the University of Birmingham; we are a Guild of Students recognised society.
Why we are relevant to you
We represent and cater to all postgraduate and mature students at the University by:
- gathering student feedback on academic and welfare concerns;
- campaigning on issues important to our members;
- offering an active social program for all students to engage in.
Examples of past and current projects include:
- Postgraduate Welcome Weeks (2012-present): In autumn of every year a two week long program of dedicated events is put on for incoming postgraduate and mature students! (Events continue throughout the year)
- Successfully campaigned for study space increases in the new University of Birmingham library (2013)
- Exemption from paying council tax for PhD students entering the ‘writing-up/thesis awaited status’ (2012)
PGMSA membership is free and you are automatically a member of the association. Everyone is welcome to all events and we committee meetings are also open to students from around campus.
Don’t miss out on our Events:
Sign up for the newsletter, visit our facebook page or keep an eye on our Calendar!
Newsletters are sent once a month and include a program of events and any relevant news from around campus and Birmingham. Your details are stored confidentially at all times.